Dental Crowns Near You
Dental crowns are custom caps that wrap around the surface of your teeth. With ceramic dental crowns available, they seamlessly blend in with the rest of your teeth. Ceramic crowns are as long-lasting as traditional metal crowns. If you are interested in learning more about dental crowns, contact our team at Flourish Family & General Dentistry. We offer quality dental crowns in Indian Land.
When are Dental Crowns Required?
Our patients receive dental crowns to restore their teeth when:
- They have broken or fractured their tooth
- They have tooth decay
- They have received a dental implant
- They had a root canal treatment done
- They have a weak tooth
- Their tooth is misshaped
- Their tooth is discoloured
- They have received a dental bridge
If you are unsure if your teeth are eligible for dental crowns near you, visit us for a consultation.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Patients who receive dental crowns benefit from:
- Protecting their tooth
- Supporting their tooth giving it strength
- Saves a broken tooth by holding it together
- Improves the appearance of your tooth
- They are long-lasting
Receiving Dental Crowns
When you go in for your first appointment, the dentist will examine your mouth to ensure you are eligible to receive a dental crown. Once you are eligible, moulds of your teeth will be taken to create your customized crown. It will take a couple of weeks to develop so that you will be given a temporary crown. Once your crowns arrive, you will come back for a second appointment to put on your permanent crown.
Tips to Care for Dental Crowns
After you have gotten your dental crowns, taking good care of them can maintain them for as long as possible. The following are tips to help you take care of your new dental crowns:
- Do not grind your teeth.
- Avoid hard or sticky foods that can break your crown.
- Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing, flossing, and rinsing your mouth daily. Visit your dentist at least twice a year for dental cleaning.
Interested in Receiving Dental Crowns Near You?
If you have a tooth that needs extra support and protection, consider dental crowns. If you are searching for dental crowns near you, schedule an appointment with Flourish Family & General Dentistry today!