Wisdom Tooth Extractions Near You
Some people never get wisdom teeth while others have their teeth grow normally. However, some people are not as lucky and do not have room for wisdom teeth, which causes discomfort and pain when they grow. If you need to remove your wisdom teeth, contact our team at Flourish Family & General Dentistry.
Reasons to Receiving Wisdom Tooth Extractions
Many different situations do not permit wisdom teeth from growing properly. Sometimes, they grow at an angle, causing pain and swelling. Other times, they might be difficult to clean, leaving room for bacteria to manifest, creating infections. The removal of wisdom teeth can prevent future problems and ease your pain. Wisdom teeth are commonly removed in the following situations:
- Your wisdom teeth grew at an angle, and there is crowding in your teeth
- Your wisdom teeth are trapped under your jawbone or gums
- You have a cavity in your wisdom teeth
- You do not have enough room for your wisdom teeth to grow
If you have any concerns about receiving wisdom teeth extractions in Indian Land, please contact us.
Getting Wisdom Tooth Extractions
After your dentist takes X-rays of your mouth and determines your wisdom teeth need to be removed, you will make an appointment to get your teeth removed. When you come in, we will give you sedation to ensure your procedure is pain-free. We will then proceed to remove your tooth, clean the area, and stitch it up if needed. After your procedure, we will explain after-care and tips to ensure you have a smooth and quick recovery. Swelling and pain are normal and should disappear after a couple of days. Stitches will be removed after a week.
To prevent infections:
- Keep your wound clean.
- Avoid eating solid foods for the first couple of days.
- Rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash or saltwater to prevent infections when you are unable to brush around the area. If your mouth is causing you discomfort when you sleep, elevate your pillow.
Schedule a Consultation
Leaving your wisdom teeth in can cause pain, swelling, and cause future problems. If you require wisdom tooth extractions near you, contact the team at Flourish Family & General Dentistry. We will explain the process to you and ensure you are comfortable with the procedure.