Emergency Dentistry Near You
Toothaches and injuries come at the most unexpected times. It is crucial to have emergency dentistry near you for these times. Flourish Family & General Dentistry offers emergency dental services, so you have someone to see when the unexpected happens. Contact us as soon as a dental emergency happens to schedule you in as soon as we can. We provide walk in dentist near you when you need us.
What is a Dental Emergency?
What situations are considered an emergency? If you are unsure of what situations require urgent care, the following list gives examples of dental emergencies.
- Missing crown or fillings – broken or missing crowns and fillings can damage your tooth if left untreated.
- Painful toothaches – if your toothache never seems to disappear, it is a sign to visit a dentist. There are many causes of toothaches, including cavities, tooth decay, and gum disease.
- Infected tooth – it is important to see a dentist right away to prevent the infection from spreading further.
- A lost tooth from injuries or an accident – the sooner you visit a dentist, the more likely we can save your tooth.
- Chipped or cracked teeth – when your tooth is left exposed, it becomes more prone to bacteria and decay.
- Constant bleeding – if your gums are always bleeding when you brush or floss, it can be a sign of gum disease.
- Injuries to your cheeks or lips – if you have any injuries in other areas of your mouth that you cannot treat, a dentist can examine your mouth and recommend treatment.
When you sense unusual discomfort or anything abnormal in your mouth, visiting a dentist is a good idea—seeing a dentist as soon as you can prevent more serious oral health problems from arising.
Treatments for Emergency Dentistry
Treatment will depend on the patient and their conditions. Common treatments for emergency dental patients can include:
- Root canal therapy when tooth decay is severe and has spread to the roots.
- Dental fillings can treat and repair chipped or cracked teeth.
- Dental crowns can give strength and support to damaged teeth.
Finding an Emergency Dentist Near You
If you find yourself in a dental emergency and need emergency dental treatment, Flourish Family & General Dentistry is here for you. We will see you as soon as we can. The longer you wait for treatment, you increase your chances of infections and further damage your teeth. Contact us right away if you experience any persisting pain or discomfort. We offer emergency dentistry in Indian Land.