If you prefer not to wear metal braces, the Invisalign in Indian Land solution is perfect for you. Instead, after completing the Invisalign process, patients will have a straighter, healthier, and more attractive smile thanks to a set of removable clear aligners placed over their teeth.
How Invisalign Operates
For those who are unaware, it is a type of orthodontic therapy that straightens teeth without the need for fixed braces by using removable, clear aligners. This treatment is discreet, as the name implies, which is why teenagers and adults find it so appealing.
The Steps Involved in Invisalign
- Consulting a dentist near you is the primary step. This is to determine if you are a good candidate for the treatment. After making sure everything is in order, your dentist will take a digital scan.
- Our ability to customize your Invisalign treatment is aided by the 3D interface. Together with information from the dentist, the program determines the proper force required for each tooth movement, assisting in ensuring that each tooth moves in the proper order and at the appropriate time.
- This stage of the treatment has the benefit of allowing you to view how your teeth will look once your Invisalign treatment is complete, thanks to a computer simulation. Your aligners are then ordered, assuming you are pleased with the design of your new smile.
- You will be told how to insert the first aligner when they arrive at the dentist office. Our dentist may need to apply some attachments after the fit is examined. These serve as anchors, making it easier for the aligner to press up against the teeth and shift them more successfully.
- You need to keep on aligners for at least 22 hours a day, taking them out only to eat, drink, and clean your teeth. It should be changed every one to two weeks, as directed by your dentist in Indian Land. Teeth will move more quickly with aligners in the mouth for extended periods of time.
The course of treatment typically lasts 12 to 18 months, but it might end sooner. Teeth will look straighter once the last aligner has been worn, but keep in mind that you will probably need to wear a retainer to keep them in place.
The Scientific Basis of Invisalign
As you are aware, teeth are straightened using a series of customized plastic trays. The teeth can be pushed into the gums or pulled farther out by rotating, tilting, pivoting, or any combination of these techniques of Invisalign near you.
The look of each tray or aligner differs. For instance, the series’ first tray will resemble your teeth right now, but the last tray will seem more straight. Your teeth are moved toward the final position you want them to be in by the trays in between. Since each tray varies by 0.25 mm, the teeth will move by that amount. Therefore, your teeth will have migrated by 1 mm for every 4 trays used.
For more information about this aspect of the process, please speak with your dentist or an orthodontist, as they’ll be able to guide you through the details of the treatment so you understand and, therefore, feel empowered about the choice you’re making for your smile.
Your Dream Smile is Within Reach; Take the First Step with Us
Invisalign can be advantageous for patients of all ages. However, it’s important to have knowledge of the fundamentals of the treatment so you know what you’re getting into. This will help you feel less nervous about visiting the dentist and more confident in the steps you need to take to ensure you get your dream results.
With Flourish Family and General Dentistry, getting Invisalign treatment can be more reasonable because of our flexible financing options, which let patients pay for their treatment in monthly installments. This way, getting Invisalign treatment doesn’t have to break the bank.
Call, email, or drop by our neighborhood dental office today! Our team is excited to see you!